06 Sep strcrd 2012 more on wendy lam
Sitting at Barrio Chino, a great Mexican spot Wendy recommended on 253 Broome Street in the Lower East Side of New York City, Wendy and I chatted about blogging, weird food, style, places she loves in New York and of course what to expect in Johannesburg when she and Yu-Ming Wu of FreshnessMag arrive in South Africa for STR.CRD™ 2012.
In her own words Wendy’s incredibly popular site http://www.nitrolicious.com is all about fashion, and trends, personal style and as a lifestyle blog its about everything she likes. Style to her is not about one thing. You can absorb it from people watching, art, music… everything around you.
1. What is your favourite sneaker of all time?
Supreme x Nike Blazer
2. Do you own anything that you absolutely can’t get rid of?
This changes all the time.
3. How would you describe your style?
Versatile. I like to try new things and styles, and don’t have a specific style I stick to. I can rock a pair of kicks in the daytime and throw on a pair of sick heels at night. But I do tend to always dress in all black.
4. What are your wardrobe staples?
Sunglasses (a must), rings, basics (plain black tee, black skinny jeans, black pumps) and a pair of kicks.
5. What is your shopping strategy? Impulse buyer? Or planned precision?
Impulse buyer for sure haha!
6. What is there too much of in your wardrobe?
Everything haha. But I’d say shoes…
7. When you think Johannesburg South Africa, you think…
I don’t even know what to think, I am just excited to go there…