08 Jul Urban Decay Sandton Store… What You Might Want To Know
Urban Decay is finally in South Africa
Yesterday afternoon a couple of us were lucky enough to get to preview the first Urban Decay standalone store in Africa before attending the launch party in the evening. Judging from the responses to my tweets and SnapChats there are clearly a lot of you who are:
- Super excited that Urban Decay is finally here
- Concerned about pricing
- Curious about the Naked Skin range in terms of colours for darker skins
- In love with the blue Vice lipstick that I posted
If you have ever purchased Urban Decay from an Urban Decay standalone store or reputable beauty retailer like Sephora before, you will find that from a pricing perspective the SA retail prices are similar. In some cases, the SA shopper is paying less. For example the new Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks retail for $17 which is around R250 in the US and in SA you can purchase them for R229.
Variety & range when it comes to foundations, concealers etc
With over 600 products in store from primers, to lip colours, to eyeshadow palettes and incredible eye liner colours etc, variety and range is definitely not an issue. However I will say when it comes to the Naked Skin Foundation and Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer collection, the range is a bit thin especially when it comes to shades for darker skin tones.
The Sandton store also has stock of Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid, which I got excited about because I had heard so much about this colour corrector and how its liquid formula blends smoothly over the skin, unlike a lot of cream-based color correctors. However, they don’t have colours for darker skins, so I couldn’t find a match, but I can say that from a formulation perspective the product is great and that it does actually create a blurring effect over creases and flaws.
- The new Vice lipsticks in the Comfort Matte finish are incredible and retail for R229. I am going to do a separate post on these lip colours because a moisture rich matte finish lip colour collection in incredible colours is all I have ever wanted. The colours are honestly amazing and I am so glad I never went past my thought to waste money on the Kylie lip kits, because Urban Decay has it down with the colours.
- The big Make-Up Setting Sprays, especially the All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray, all retail for R450
- As mentioned in my previous post titled Get Yourself An Urban Decay Naked Palette, the original Naked Palette is my personal favourite of the 4, and now they are available in SA for R850.